At Clearzoning, we encourage ongoing education and training. That’s why we are frequently asked to present informational sessions at local, regional, statewide, and national conferences. We also regularly publish a monthly news brief – a short one-page summary of current planning, zoning, and transportation issues.
- The experienced team at Clearzoning is frequently asked to make presentations and lead workshops. Check back to see where we’ll be in 2016.
October 8, 2015 (10:15 a.m.) – Detroit, MI: “What Football Can Teach You About Running Your Planning Department” at the Michigan Association of Planning Annual Conference. Our session handout is available.
- April 27, 2014 (4 p.m.) – Atlanta, GA: “Making Space for Food Trucks” at the American Planning Association Annual Conference. Food trucks have evolved in recent years. Even high-end fare like escargot is not uncommon. But most zoning regulations have not kept pace. Explore key considerations for food-truck regulations. Examine specific zoning and licensing provisions communities can use to accommodate the food-truck industry. And learn from communities that have stayed ahead of the curve and adopted regulations specifically for mobile-food vendors. Clearzoning President Rodney Arroyo will be presenting in this session.
- April 16, 2013 – Chicago, IL: “The Little Suburb that Could” at the American Planning Association Annual Conference. In the midst of Michigan’s severe recession, one city looked for ways to position the community for future growth and improvement. Learn more about the positive steps taken by this city from Clearzoning’s Rod Arroyo and David Birchler.
- December 2015 – Signs (Includes information on 2015 Reed v Town of Gilbert Supreme Court decision)
- November 2015 – Clearzoning Client Updates
- October 2015 – What Football Can Teach You About Running Your Planning Department
- March 2013 – Traffic Crash Solutions
- February 2013 – Big Changes
- November 2012 – Parks and Rec Planning
- October 2012 – Zoning Ordinance Sustainability Audit
- September 2012 – Development Ready (4) Training Staff and Officials
- August 2012 – Development Ready (3) Communications and Public Involvement
- July 2012 – Development Ready (2) Implementing the Vision
- June 2012 – Development Ready (1) Planning for the Future
- May 2012 – Signs
- Extra Edition – Wireless Communications Legislation
- March 2012 – Placemaking
- Feb 2012 – Transportation